Saturday, June 13, 2009

Made It!
Although much tougher than I anticipated, I completed my 26.2 mile run. Wow! The last 2 miles were brutal. My time was 5 hrs 56 minutes 56 seconds. My goal time was 5 hrs 30 min. Hey, I'm just happy I finished however only being 26 minutes off my goal makes me very happy.
I had many people stop by today to say hi and share encouragement and by the end the pool was surrounded by friends and family. It was wonderful to have so much support. Thanks to all who took time out of their day. Also, several of those who stopped left generous donations, enough so that I believe we will reach our goal of raising $10,000. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Days like today remind me of one of my favorite sayings: The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it. (Chinese proverb)

There are many things I still cannot do. I am very grateful for things I can do. Thanks again to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment